"ISLISP was designed on the bases of KL (proposed by Japan) and CLOS (proposed by US), reflecting experiences of COMMON LISP, EULISP, LE LISP, and SCHEME, and taking into account common practices in the Lisp community. ISLISP is a small Lisp, but it is designed with extensibility in mind, trying to keep compatibility with existing Lisp dialects, too.
ISLISP would be embeddable in COMMON LISP implementations without big efforts, but ISLISP will promote efficient implementations if it is implemented from scratch. ISO ISLISP, ANSI COMMON LISP and IEEE SCHEME would be co-existing and complementary in the Lisp community, since they have their own distinctive features in languages, systems, and applications." [FAQ, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG16 - ISLISP]
- ISO/IEC 13816:2007, Information Technology -- Programming languages,
their environments and system software interfaces -- Programming language
ISLISP. (Formerly ISO/IEC 13816:1997.)
- For sale at www.iso.org
- Programming Language ISLISP. Public domain working drafts.
- Working Draft 8.5, December 21, 1992, and Working Draft 11.4, July 31, 1994. Online at CMU AI Repository
- Draft Technical Corrigendum ISO/IEC 13816:1996(E). PDF at ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Working Draft 20.3, March 31, 1997. PDF at www.islisp.info PDF at ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Working Draft 21.0, July 29, 2004. PDF at ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Working Draft 22.0, December 1, 2006. PDF at ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Working Draft 23.0, March 17, 2007. PDF at islisp.info PDF at ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Draft Corrected Reprint for ISO/IEC 13816:2007(E), March 17, 2007. PDF at ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Programming Language ISLISP. Web site. Online at www.islisp.info
Contents include History, FAQ, Resources, Specifications (Working Drafts), and Implementations (links).
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SCC/WG16 - ISLISP. Web site. Last updated June 15, 2004.
Online at www.open-std.org
Contents include Document register, Convener's report, Contacts, etc.
- Takayasu Ito, Taiichi Yuasa, Yukiko Hashimoto, Kyoji Umemura, Atsuhi Nagasaka and Katsumi Kishida. ISLisp (a Proposal for ISO Lisp Standardization), its Background and Current Status. [In Japanese?] Information Processing Society of Japan SIGNOTES SYMbol manipulation, Number 78, 1994?.
- N. Izumi and T. Ito. Interpreter and Compiler of the ISO Standard Lisp ISLISP. [In Japanese?] Proceedings National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan, Volume 1, pages 323 - 324, 1998. Online at ci.nii.ac.jp
- Takayasu Ito. TISL: An Experimental Interpreter and Compiler for ISLisp. October 28, 1998. HTML at www.open-std.org
- Nobuto Izumi and Takayasu Ito. A Package System for an ISLISP Processor TISL. [In Japanese] Information Processing Society of Japan Transactions on Programming, Volume 40, Number SIG10, December 1999. PDF at ci.nii.ac.jp
- Junichi Takahashi, Hiroshi Gomi, Hiroyuki Kagami, Masahiko Yamada, Yoshihiro Shintani, Atsuhi Nagasaka, Kyoji Umemura, Taiichi Yuasa. On the Portability of ISLisp System and the Multiple External System Interface Facilities. [In Japanese?] Information Processing Society of Japan Transactions on Programming, Volume 40, Number SIG07, 1999?. PDF at ci.nii.ac.jp
- Nobuto Izumi and Takayasu Ito. Design and Implementation of a Native Interface for an ISLISP Processor TISL. [In Japanese?] Information Processing Society of Japan Transactions on Programming, Volume 42, Number SIG11, 2001?. PDF at ci.nii.ac.jp
- Nobuto Izumi and Takayasu Ito. TISL. Tohoku University. Version 4.08, March 8, 2002. Online at iastate.edu
- Christian Jullien. OpenLisp by Eligis (commercial; free for noncommercial use). Online at www.eligis.com
- Jelinek Josef. G-LISP (a Java applet). Online at cube.misto.cz
See this comp.lang.lisp thread.